Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year


Hi! I hope everyone had a great holiday. I had a great time with my family. We ate, slept and just spent sweet time together.
School started and the kids hit the road running. With basketball, debate tournaments and college preparation, time goes fast. Lauren and I ordered her graduation announcements and cap and gown. How surreal was that?!? She is so independent and I am so going to miss her. I am excited, too. She is going to flourish even more in life. We are still waiting to hear from TAMU. She has been accepted to Univ. of Arkansas. Her dream is TAMU so we are working hard to get her there.
The kids both had great grades this past semester. I am so proud of how hard they work and play. Chandler plays varsity basketball and has really excelled.
Ok, enough of bragging on the kids.
I will tell a few good stories. My dogs are a delight most of the time. Over Christmas the golden retriever had a major ear infection. Guess who got to stick her hand down his ear and clean it every few days? Me!! What a nasty job. Riley is such a sweet dog, but high maintenance. He got his toenail caught in the edging of the flowerbed and ripped his toenail off. No one noticed until he had bled all over the house. Gross! It took hours to get the blood up and get him patched up. Of course, my new verse for the year, is 1 Peter 5:7
"Cast all your care on him because he cares for you."
Little did I know I would need that verse for my dog. I thought it would be a great verse for Lauren going to college to get me through the tough days. Oh well, God is in the smallest details as well. Chandler received a selection of sick tricks, like dog poop and cat vomit, therefore I thought that he had tricked me with fake blood, not that lucky. Looking back it is hilarious. Riley's toe is really sore, but he's on the mend.
Lastly, acute story on my kindergarten class. They are so smart and pick up everything. Two of my students overheard their parents discussing the new Bush Israeli agreement and came into to class sharing that the Lord was coming soon. One of my students practically came out of his skin...so scared and another said, "I am not ready to go to heaven just yet...that scares me. With mouth dropped, I said, "Let's not worry about this because heaven is good and let's study the letter ' q'. Wow! Kids are smart and say the darndest things.
Till next time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the first time I ever visited a blog! Thank you for sharing your stories and thoughts - I really enjoyed it. Have a nice weekend, hope to see you around - and of course Chandler at the house, the boys have so much fun when they 'hang-out'. Trine

Dalene said...

I'm so glad that my Mr. Man has you as his teacher! Your children make my job as a teacher a joy.

Vickie said...

I think I have you beat on the gross dog ear story, but I won't go into it. Hope you're feeling better!!

rachel white said...

oh my goodness! how fun to be reconnected!! it is simply NOT POSSIBLY that lauren is 18...and graduating...and going to college!!! and chandler is going to be in high school??!!

does it still feel like "just yesterday" when lauren was born? because it very much feels like "just yesterday" when we brought harrison home from the hospital. some days i want time to stop! : )

i hope you all have a lovely summer...and are able to make some amazing, lasting family memories! hugs and blessings to each one of you!! : )